Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Meet my Doggie! Appa Honoo

So, If you follow me on twitter you know me and my husband got a dog. You also know I have never every in my life been a dog person... and was always SCARED of dogs. I remember my first dog was a black lab, and still a puppy, and I was scared to death of that thing. My parents finally had to get rid of him because I wouldn't go outside. I feel kinda bad now.... my brother could never have a dog because of me.... but you cant help your fears right?! haha. So when my husband said he REALLLLLLY wanted a dog, I was hesitant!! BUT being married you do have to compromise...and because it was important to him, I thought I would see how it worked!

So far so good. He is a good dog, not too hyper which i HATE!!! He doesn't jump up on your or anything. He is 2 years old and a Australian Shepherd and retriever mix. We named him Appa after the flying buffalo on "Avatar the Last Airbender"...and Honoo for this middle name which means "flame" in japanese! We tend to like Asian names... (hence our cats...Yuki Lapoof and Jubei Kibagami...lol) I just hope my cats get used to him. I love my cats more than anything in the whole world, and i really don't want them to be sad or scared. I have heard of cats getting on anti depressants... poor little things! One of my cats is doing OK, but the other one is scared to death. lol. :(

Anyways, Wish me luck!!












Looks like Appa and Yuki are already comfortable! :)







xoxo,
Carah Amelie

www.youtube.com/user/carahamelie03

7 comments:

  1. Awww so cute! He will make a lovely addition to your family. The cats will show him a thing or two, lol.

    http://neutrakris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitties will be fine. I've never been a dog person myself and a year ago we got a dachshund chihuahua puppy and I was in love! She has been such a sweetie! A week ago we got another puppy from a rescue and they are good buddies. It took a few days but they play everyday together. It will happen - they will get used to each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dog is so adorable!! I wasn't really a dog person either until we got our dog, but now I want to get another one, they are really great pets! They're always happy to see you, always ready to do anything you want, go for a walk, play in the backyard, definitely motivation for exercise haha. Anyways good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love dogs, and I hope you will too. With dogs, they pour back every ounce of love you invest into them. They become very loyal, happy companions. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He and your kitties will be fine! Sometimes it just takes awhile :) And what a cute doggy! I'm sure you'll love him too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is adorable :)
    And I love the names :)
    We have a cat too and he is scared to death of dogs.. doesnt matter how small they are, he is scared.. We went outside with him once and two chihuahuas came towards him.. he got so scared that he froze and started shivering.. refused to go outside for days.. poor little one :)
    Im sure they will be the best of friends soon, it can take a while.. but as soon as the cats understands that they are the bosses it will be fine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I NAMED MY DOG APPA AFTER THE FLYING BISON IN AVATAR!!! I got my dog last year, his birthday is June 7th 2009. How funny...

    ReplyDelete